Hello!
This week I have felt my study skills improving dramatically and it has been so neat! I feel that my study time is finally being used to its fullest. I am understanding more and more each day how I learn by the Spirit and how to invite the Spirit to be my study buddy! :) He is for sure the best study buddy you can ask for! :) Totally. I was reading in 1 Nephi 5 and thinking about what a patient man Lehi is. Lehi and Sariah's sons have gone back to Jerusalem to get the plates. A dangerous assignment. It's been a while that they have been gone and Sariah, within reason, is a worried mother. She doesn't know if her sons are alive or if they have perished. I imagine it was a difficult time for her. As well as Lehi. As Sarah's emotions get the best of her, she starts to complain against her husband. Lehi, being the man he is, listens, and then responds so patiently and lovingly. He accepts that he is "visionary man". He agrees with her. And then he goes on to testify and promise to her that God is real and He is in charge. He comforts her, in what is probably a very big time of trial for him as well. I learned a lot from his example! So much charity.
As for the work, it is going well. Our convert, Zack is progressing so much. I absolutely love, hands down my favorite part of missionary work, seeing people progress in the Gospel. It does take time. It is a process. But it is a miraculous process that changes people's hearts and their behavior and their character. It's incredible! The progress can be slow and it can be very small steps, but it all adds up to something wonderful and inspiring! This week I have felt my study skills improving dramatically and it has been so neat! I feel that my study time is finally being used to its fullest. I am understanding more and more each day how I learn by the Spirit and how to invite the Spirit to be my study buddy! :) He is for sure the best study buddy you can ask for! :) Totally. I was reading in 1 Nephi 5 and thinking about what a patient man Lehi is. Lehi and Sariah's sons have gone back to Jerusalem to get the plates. A dangerous assignment. It's been a while that they have been gone and Sariah, within reason, is a worried mother. She doesn't know if her sons are alive or if they have perished. I imagine it was a difficult time for her. As well as Lehi. As Sarah's emotions get the best of her, she starts to complain against her husband. Lehi, being the man he is, listens, and then responds so patiently and lovingly. He accepts that he is "visionary man". He agrees with her. And then he goes on to testify and promise to her that God is real and He is in charge. He comforts her, in what is probably a very big time of trial for him as well. I learned a lot from his example! So much charity.
With Love,
Sister Kunzler
No comments:
Post a Comment