Monday, October 21, 2013

Hello To Y'all

Hey Hey Hey! 

Elder Golden of the Quorum of the Seventy toured our mission this past week!  We got to participate in a zone conference with him on Thursday!  What a neat opportunity!  At the beginning of the day we got to shake him and his darling wife's hand.  Then we shook President and Sister Ashton's hands.  Well we have Sister Ashton a hug.  But you get the idea.  The point is, that when I was shaking President Ashton's hand, he said "you've been in your area for 9 months now, right?"  I replied with "yes, and I love it, It's home."  He said "well we may just leave you there for all 18 months".  Woo-hoo!  Ha!  I don't know what will happen.  But I can say that I love this area.  I love these people. They are my family!  I got to speak in church yesterday and how great it was to sit on the stand and look over the congregation.  They are strong members who inspire me so much!  

We did tons of service this week and it was AWESOME!  We helped do a community clean up in our area and there were about 25 missionaries present.  All in our bright yellow Mormon Helping Hands t-shirts.  We made up the bulk of the group that was there.  The supervisor of the project picked up me and my companions and drove us to another site.  As we were driving, she could not stop expressing her gratitude and how impressed she was with all these "young people who were doing such great work".  We were the rave of that day!  I love the way the church works.  They know what they're doing.  With God on our side, why not? 

Blaze and his daughters came to church again yesterday!  This family is solid!  I love it!  The Gospel is already blessing them so much!  The other night when we were teaching them, the mom's brother showed up.  Guess what?  He's a member of our church!  God works wonders.  :) He was able to translate and bear his testimony to the family and it made such an impact!  

Zack (baptized about a month ago, or so) is doing amazing!  He was sick yesterday, but brought his little son and partook of the sacrament because he knew he needed to and knew it was important.  Since the very first day we met him, he has not missed a single Sunday.  He gets it.  He is one of the most faithful people I have met.  He walks by faith in everything he does and it is incredible to see the change in his life and in the life of his son.  :) 

Life sure is good. 

With Love, 
Sister Kunzler

No comments:

Post a Comment