Tuesday, July 2, 2013

MIRACLE WEEK! July 1, 2013

Hello!  
God works miracles!  He truly does!  
Siaka Passawee was baptized and confirmed this past weekend!  His family was all found by missionaries about 5 years ago and they are strong, active members of the church.  Their son, Siaka, came over from Africa about a month ago and we had the privilege to teach him and prepare him for baptism.  He is such a sweet kid and has the most amazing support system in the world! 
After his baptism on Saturday we were driving to visit a less active when we got the BEST phone call in the whole world!   Bereket's dad said he can get baptized!  Finally!  Bereket's sisters were baptized in March of this year.  His dad wouldn't let him get baptized.  He said he needed to be older and know more.  We have brought the topic up a handful of times over the past 5 months and each time, the dad gets angry and says "I told you before and I will tell you again, he is not old enough, no."  This past week we had a special district fast for Bereket and three days later, Bereket called us and said that his dad finally said yes!  :) He said YES!  Bereket will be baptized this upcoming Saturday!  He is so excited and we all cried the happiest of tears when we found out!  :) God is aware of His children, He answers prayers, He loves us and He can soften even the hardest of hearts.  
Transfers are this week and I AM STAYING here to continue training Sister. Jewett!  Yahoo!  I absolutely LOVE it here!  The people have become my friends and family!  So thankful that I get to stay!  :) Being in this area the past 5 months has taught me so much and getting to know the people has been a huge blessing.  Our ward mission leader is incredible, the ward is strong, the investigators we are working with bless my life everyday and I pray we make a difference in their lives as well! 

I love y'all!  I hope you are doing well!  :) 
With Love, 
Sister Kunzler

No comments:

Post a Comment