Just a quick update on my "mission experience so far". Since it is so easy to forget. :)
I am currently serving in Hermann Park North. Hermann Park North has the big medical center (MD Anderson, Texas Children's Hospital, Methodist Hospital) as well as Rice University and Baylor Medical Center in it. It also contains one of the biggest government apartment complex areas for refugees from Nepal and Africa. So it is very diverse to say the least! :) I have been serving here since I arrived in Texas at the end of January. I was with my trainer for 5 weeks (1st transfer) and then I trained my second transfer and my third transfer. I am currently training two sisters (trio) and I love it! We have had 5 baptisms so far and many amazing investigators that we are currently teaching!
We are currently teaching Carena from Mexico City who is here at the Ronald McDonald House with her 2 year old daughter Stephanie who has leukemia. They've been here for 18 months now and will probably spend at least another 6 months here. Very sweet and humble lady.
We are also teaching Roxanne who is a single mom of a 4 year old daughter, Joi. She just moved here from Louisiana and has amazing faith and is very excited about the Book of Mormon!
I went on exchanges this past week with some sisters serving in a singles ward! It was really fun! We went on a road trip out to Bay City/Victoria area and it was gorgeous out there! The country side of Texas is very pretty! My companions stayed in our area for the 24 hour exchange and did amazing! They are such great missionaries! I was so proud of them! :)
Yesterday during church, the Bereketabs (recent converts, Makda (17), Denait (15), Fieruz (13), Bereket (10) & Betty (7)), the Newcomer's (ward mission leader and his wife), and us three sister missionaries all bore our testimonies at church. We had a Family Home Evening lesson a few weeks back where we talked about the importance of sharing your testimony with others and we challenged them to bear their testimonies for the May fast and testimony meeting and they did! It was incredible! The Spirit was so strong! One of the sweetest moments on my mission! By far! You can see the joy this family has because of the Gospel! It's amazing!
It was also Sister Bianchini's (one of my companions) birthday yesterday! We celebrated at the ward mission leaders home with a Mexican dinner and cake and presents! It was a fun celebration!
Our mission president has promised us that we can baptize weekly. This obviously is something that hasn't been done before and so we are praying and fasting a lot to have the faith, determination, miracles, help, etc to do this. It's something that I know is the Lord's will and I know we can do it! It's exciting to be a part of!
We were talking with a guy this past week and in the middle of us bearing our testimonies about the Book of Mormon he grabs the Restoration pamphlet out of my companions hand and yells "I have to go, sorry" as he sprinted away! Pretty sure he didn't have anywhere to go... :) It was hilarious and totally took us off guard!
I love you all and hope all is going well!
With Love,
Sister Kunzler
No comments:
Post a Comment