This past week was amazing! We saw much success with our efforts and I am so grateful for that. :) It's nice to see the blessings of the Lord when you are exactly obedient and work hard. We did a lot of walking this past week and it was the best! We usually drive our car and as we drive down the street we see tons of people walking along the road that we wish we could talk to. So, we decided to walk, so that we could talk to them. We collapse into bed, exhausted at night, but it is the best feeling in the world. It's been really effective for us to find new investigators to teach.
We have tons of people that we are teaching and their progress is incredible! Roxanne is progressing rapidly and any day now she will be ready to be baptized. She has a baptism date for this weekend, which we have talked about over and over, but Satan sure works hard on people like Roxanne, who are so very prepared for this message. She has been such a light in our lives and everything we teach her "makes sense" is what she says! :) I LOVE IT!
We have many other individuals and families we are working with. They all come with their individual challenges, whether it be work, school, language barrier, can't read, won't read, won't pray, etc. It's a great opportunity to truly develop faith and rely on the Spirit to soften their hearts to overcome these challenges. I love the challenges though, they keep things interesting and they keep us on our toes!
Speaking of "challenges"! DOG STORY! This past week me and my companions got chased down by a dog! Had to happen at some point. I just didn't think it would happen this soon! Nor did I think it would be such an adrenaline rush! HA! We were walking through an apartment complex and saw a lady unloading her car, so we decided to go and see if we could help her (missionaries love giving service (and sharing the Gospel)) :) As we approached her, a dog came running at us, barking and growling and biting at our legs. I stuck out my backpack (to protect my leg from being chomped off) and slowly back away as it chomped on my backpack and eventually let go. The owner grabbed the dog and we slowly backed away and around the corner. We were laughing and trying to calm our adrenaline when all of the sudden we heard the dog barking again and it was getting louder and louder and louder. Sister Adams and I ran for the closest stairs but Sister Bianchini didn't make it in time. She stuck out her bag and he chomped away at her bag and she slowly made her way to the stairs and the dog eventually went away. EEK! :) What a rush of adrenaline So crazy! Nobody got hurt! Phew! :) We made it out alive! Dog Story, check.
I love you all and thank you for your prayers and words of encouragement and letters and packages! Thanks so much! I love it all and appreciate it more than you'll ever know!
We got to attend the temple this morning! :) What a gorgeous temple!
With Love,
Sister Kunzler
Sister Kunzler
No comments:
Post a Comment