Monday, February 25, 2013

2013. What a year to be a missionary​!


February 25, 2013

Cartoon caricature  
Went to ward Pizza night and
there was an artist there to do the sketches!
FUN!  
Hello family and friends! 
 
I have officially been in Texas for 5 weeks and things are going great!  :) Transfers are this Wednesday and things are changing.  The Mission President called last week and told me the Lord would like me to be a trainer this next transfer!  2013.  What a year to be a missionary.  After 5 weeks of being trained, I will be training.  This has never been done before, in the history of the church, ever.  Yikes!  A little scary!  However, I know that my Heavenly Father knew this would happen and He has prepared me in many ways to be ready for this opportunity!  Heavenly Father saw this in my future, and He knew the experiences I would need to prepare myself for this. It's time to put my faith and trust in God and move forward, knowing that I can do this, with His help.  :) 
 
We have a baptism this weekend for Naomi and Destiny!  They are 12 and 13 year old sisters who we have been teaching for 4 weeks now.  They are the smartest, most humble girls ever!  I love them so much and I am excited for this step they are taking in their lives, as I know it will bless them tremendously.  :) Our other investigators are progressing as well and baptism dates are set!  :) A family from Ethiopia fed us dinner the other night!  What an experience!  Ethiopian food is quite different and unique!  A great experience though!  They are amazing!  :) Jimmy is our 31 yr old investigator who is struggling to have faith, but has a strong desire to know.  He teaches me a ton by his desire to learn and come closer to Christ.  :)
 
I am loving being a missionary! 
 
Challenge For The Week:
 
The 1st counselor in the mission presidency spoke yesterday in the ward and suggested to following steps to being a member missionary.
 
1. Memorize the Articles of Faith
2. Feed the missionaries
3. Get to know the missionaries
4. Go out with the missionaries and you plan the night.  Take them to visit your neighbors and friends.
5. Study the scriptures and Preach My Gospel
6. Gain a testimony and desire to do missionary work
7. Pray for missionary opportunities
8. Open Your Mouth and tell people about the Gospel
9. Be Thou An Example
10. Invite friends to church
 
The Lord will place people in your path, who have been prepared, if you will open your mouth and share the Gospel. :)
 
I love all of you and hope all is going well!  :)
 
With Love,
Sister Kunzler

No comments:

Post a Comment