Tuesday, January 29, 2013
First Full Week In Houston!!
January 28
Hey all y'all! Friends & Family!
I have been in Houston, Texas for 7 days now and I love it! My
trainer is from Utah and she has been serving for 10 months! She is the best!
The Lord put me with her for so many reasons! She is a great example to me and I learn so much
from her daily! :) We are "white-washing" our new area. She is new
to the area and so am I. The ward I am assigned to is filled with tons of young
married couples who are studying pre-med and pre-law and are from BYU.
It also has lots of older people and international people. Very
diverse. The ward has a solid foundation though and they have been
incredible in helping us start fresh. It's been a challenge, but there is
nothing we can't do with the Lord on our side. We don't tract in our
mission, at all. Instead we serve the ward members, gain their trust
and get referalls from them. They are trying to make this worldwide
and so the pressure is on for the members of the church to be everyday
missionaries. As missionaries we need the support of members more
than ever before. It's been proved to be more effective and efficient
than tracting. The weather is great here. :) It feels great. My
p-days are on Monday and we got up at 6:30 am, cleaned the apartment
and did our laundry and studying and finished about 10 am. Great way
to start the day! We are already making contact with less actives and
recent converts. We are currently teaching two investigators and hope
to have more by the end of the week. White-washing the area has been
a challenge but we are moving right along with our Heavenly Father's
help. Being a missionary is incredible to be able to dedicate myself
to the Gospel 24/7 and the Lord really does watch out for his
missionaries. I have never felt so safe, in the most unsafe places, in
my life. :) I love it here! All is great! I hope you all have a
great week! Love you tons!
Challenge for the week: be an everyday missionary. The biggest
blessing we have in this life is the opportunity to share the Gospel
with our friends and family. Share the Gospel. Be bold. Trust in
the Lord. Pray to him for guidance. Follow the Spirit.
Love all y'all!
Sister Kunzler
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment