Monday, July 7, 2014

Bugs. Baptism. Bible Bash.

Hello To Y'all! (I will have all of you know that I actually don't say y'all that often.  I "tested" it out for a few months in the middle of my mission.  It didn't really stick.  I might say it a little bit after my mission.  But don't get too excited.  It hasn't stuck with me that well!) 
 
Does life get any better than this?  I am 100% positive that it really just doesn't!  And I know that in previous e-mails I've said that life just doesn't get any better, and then it does, but for real this time, life doesn't get any better!  Woo-ee!  Do I have you all convinced yet?  It was a FANTASTIC week.  And life is SO GOOD!  :)
 
Last p-day (preparation day) Sister Williams and I made us some shirts!  Seriously!  Mom and Sarah you should be SO PROUD!  I sewed!  And I kind of remembered why I don't sew that often (my level of patience isn't cut out for that kind of thing).  But it was still SUPER FUN and now I have a shirt to show off for it!  Good times!  Sister McMurray in the ward is the one that invited us over to her house and taught us how to do it!  She is one good woman.  So nice!  :)  And she has a son on a mission in Nebraska (pretty sure) and he said there is an Elder Kunzler on his mission!  What a small world?  No clue who he is.  But pretty sure he has got to be related somehow.  You don't hear the last name Kunzler around the block very often!  Anyways, back to the making the shirt story.  I will post a picture for you all to see!  :) The picture is of Sister Williams, me (with my homemade shirt on) and Sister Gaither!  We were all wearing green that day!  :) Not on purpose.  Just on coincidence.  :) So fun!
 
Sister Williams and I made bean soup this last week!  We had tons of tomatoes and kidney beans that we had gotten from some members and so we decided to make Sister Thomas's bean soup.  It wasn't nearly as good as she makes it, but it was still super yummy! And we had some adventures along the way. Sister Williams literally lit the stove on fire.  Yeah.  Fire.  In our apartment!  Haha!  Do not fear.  As fast as it started, it went away!  We didn't exactly laugh about it in the moment, but now we do.  And the soup got made, we survived, no damage done.  Now we have yummy bean soup!  Yay!  :)
 
Jeanne.  I LOVE this woman.  We are "two peas in a pod" as Sister Williams says!  Jeanne is a crack up and has the funniest sense of humor in the world!  She catches me all the time in my "blonde moments" and isn't afraid to point them out either!  And then of course we just laugh and laugh and laugh.  This past week when we went over for an appointment she jumped up off the couch within the first minute of sitting down and said "oh!  I got some mints you just HAVE to try" So she opens up the container and tells me to grab a mint.  So I do.  And as I go to put the mint in my mouth I watch as Jeanne closes the mint container and doesn't offer it to my companion or the member who was with us.  I quickly took the mint out of my mouth and said "what is this?"  Hahaha!  She just busted up laughing!  They were the grossest mints in the world!  And then the next day she got Sister Williams with them also!  Sister Williams had been on exchange the day before so she wasn't there!  Hilarious!  This woman is my favorite ever!  :) On the more spiritual side of Jeanne, we hadn't been able to get her to pray yet in any of our lessons and this past week SHE DID IT!  It was so amazing!  :)  So proud of her!  And she got baptized this past week!  And as always, it was wonderful.  There were, of course, many obstacles in the way.  Like half our people on the program bailing on us last minute and the font being way too low with water and the program having her name spelled wrong on it and it being super hot in the room and me having to beg her to wear a skirt, BUT she got baptized!  Salvation isn't easy.  Right?  Ha!  It was a great night!  :)  She got baptized.  She did it!  :)  Her story is amazing.  Her journey is one of a kind.  I love her!  We found her two weeks ago as of this past Saturday (the day she got baptized) and 2 weeks later, she did it.  She was baptized.  So proud of her!  She is amazing. She accepted everything from the beginning.  Loves the Gospel.  Loves the truth.  And I love her.
 
Guess what!?  We got a new companion!?  That's right!  It's trio time again!  Sister Cardus is from Argentina!  Yahoo!  She was assigned to serve on Temple Square and got called to serve here in Texas for 3 months on what they call "outbound".  So she has been serving for almost a year at temple square and will be here with us now!  She is such a fun addition to our companionship and it couldn't be better!  Love her!  :) And she speaks Spanish, which comes in handy.  And she is hilarious!  Which is always handy!  :) It's so much fun! And this morning we of course had to go and show her me and Sister Williams favorite park!  So we got a picture!  I will attach it!  :) 
 
We got to do a chapel tour this past week for a member's co-worker!  It was awesome!  Friends, people are prepared out there in the world!  She was so open with questions and excited about learning and the member was so perfect to answer questions and everything.  It was AWESOME!  She lives in the Elders part of the ward boundaries and so we don't get to teach her!  But it's all the same salvation and the same truth!  Yahoo for awesome people and awesome members!  :)
 
Our very first lesson with Sister Cardus what a very great welcome to Alief!  Ha!  We haven't stopped laughing about it yet.  We went to visit a less active brother in the ward.  Tyronne.  He is a GREAT guy and has a solid testimony, just very lost in life right now.  He had to have heart surgery just a few months ago - he is a young guy - and that has shaken him up a little bit.  As you can imagine.  But anyways, he is currently living with some friends who are not good influences on him.  And so the first 10 minutes of our lesson - mind you this is Sister Cardus 1st lesson here in Texas - Tyronne talked about all the weed and drugs that his friends do and how bad it is.  It was a great "welcome to Alief".  Ha!  I love this place so much!  And the apartment smelled terrible.  We all walked around smelling like weed the rest of the day!  :)  Good Times.  Good Times. 
 
Life is great!  Love you all!
 
Sister Kunzler

No comments:

Post a Comment