Dear Family & Friends!
The BEST news of the week comes from my Skype session with the family yesterday for Mother's Day! My little sister, Sarah Kunzler, got her mission call! I am so proud of her! So excited for her! And I couldn't be more thankful to my Heavenly Father for her example. Her faith. Her courage! She will be serving in Chesapeake, Virginia and reports to the MTC a month after I return home. August 20th! I am so excited for her! She is a rock star. The girl version of the "Book of Mormon Nephi" in my life. I love her! Congratulations Sarah! I love you! So much!
My brother will also be leaving August 11th for a 12 month deployment in the Army to Korea! So proud of you also buddy! I am excited for you and thankful for your service and your example. :) Love you!
As you can tell. I have the best family in the world! They mean everything to me. And I truly know that Heavenly Father sent them to me for so many very special purposes! It was good to see them yesterday ... (Well, what I could see of them through all the tears. Happy tears, of course!) I love all of you so much! For forever and ever and eternity!
Sister Thomas got her patriarchal blessing last week and she told us about her experience. She loved it! It changed her life. She said she finally feels that she has a purpose in life. She finally understands why God saved her from the coma when she was younger. It was so powerful as she bore testimony of how much it meant to her. It was one of the highlights of my mission. By far. I love the Gospel and what it does for people's hope. I love it. God is so good in all that He does. :) All that He does. He is so good. Sister Thomas has a world of potential and I love seeing the Gospel bring that forth in her. And showing her all of that potential that she has and giving her hope in life. Hope.
We got to go to the temple this past week! Always a blessing. :)
We went out with Sister Sy again this week to visit some more of her neighbors! She is the BEST member missionary in the world! This time she told us the secret to her "ring the doorbell 3 times" thing. She said that when you ring the doorbell 3 times it means "I Love You". Then they answer! Ha! I love it! Love it. Love it. Love it! Love her! Love life. "I Love You".
We called the Youngblood's this past week to set up an appointment and as we got ready to hang up Kristi said "wait, Reed needs some homework". We didn't quite understand. She went on to say "he wants a reading assignment in the Book of Mormon". SUPER FAITH! I love the Gospel. I love progression in the Gospel. I love the Book of Mormon. Homework! Who does that? Who ASKS for homework. Love it. We also taught them the Word of Wisdom (God's health law for his children) and they totally loved it. To be honest, I was worried about what they would think and how they would respond. They said that all of those things are just "crutches" anyways. They want to quit it all. SUPER FAITH. God is so good. Did I mention that yet? So good.
The Thornton's. Amazing couple in the Alief Ward. He is a convert of about 2 years. She is the relief society president. They got married 6 months ago. They are in their 40's or 50's. (Which means they are super young, of course). And they ROCK! We had dinner with them this past week and when I walked out of their apartment I was filled with a strong spirit of JOY. Pure joy. Joy for life. Joy for the Gospel. Joy for everything. They are good people. They love God. They serve God in all that they do. And they are so dedicated to the Gospel. Every single morning for 15 minutes ish they read a chapter in the Book of Mormon together and a "daily devotional" article and then at night they also read a chapter in the Book of Mormon together. I am so inspired by their example. Their faith! Their dedication. God is good. Once again. So good. How do we ever forget this?
We went visiting teaching with Sister Sy this weekend and afterwards as we walked her to her door and gave her a hug to say goodbye she said "Sisters... I have chocolate for you. I have chocolate to make you fat." Ha! I love Alief! SO MUCH! I love God's children. They make me so happy. :)
We had zone conference this week! Incredible! Some highlights are
- As members of the church we are "weird". Embrace it. Be comfortable in it.
- Many of our investigators mission that they were given in the pre-earth life was to join the church and then do the temple work for their ancestors! So cool. Think about what your mission was in the pre-earth life. Think about it. It's pretty awesome!
- We have ALL the tools to face whatever persecution will come to us. It's by small and simple things each day that great things will be brought to pass. Apple them in all we do.
- Fortify your faith today
- Give it your all and HONOR your family name
- We are all a light to the world and we CANNOT be hid. Cannot. Think about that. You CANNOT be hid.
- Each one of us is capable of doing what's expected of us
I love all of you to bits and pieces and forever and always and eternity! You get the point. It's a LOT of love! I pray for all of you every single day! I pray for your faith to be strong. Your obedience to be exact. And for you to find JOY in all you do.
With Love,
Sister Kunzler
In Texas. Houston.
Serving & Representing
Loving Life
No comments:
Post a Comment