You know how in life we all have these things we hope for, we wish for, we pray for, we work for? Well, God answers prayers. Big and Small. Some come soon and some come later. This week my ever growing testimony was strengthened by a small and simple miracle of my Father in Heaven. And it was small. But it was wonderful. It reminded me that God truly is aware of this Sister. Kunzler. Serving in Texas. It was the end of the night. Sister. Williams and I had finished our daily planning and set plans for the following day. We were doing our clean up of the apartment, making phone calls to other sisters, and preparing for rest. I walked into the kitchen, open some of the cupboards, let out a sigh and said "Really? We don't have ANY chocolate in this apartment?". The moment passed. I moved forward. We woke up the following morning and went to work. That evening we met with some members to talk about how we can better serve the youth in the Alief Ward. In the middle of our conversation, Sister. Gaither gets up and says "I will be right back". She comes down the stairs a few minutes later with a handful (not just one or two, but a handful) of chocolates in her hands. I didn't think much of it. It was very kind of her and we went on with our day. The following day we went to some members home to do some service. As we were sitting around the table eating, she brings out a huge bag of chocolate mini candy bars and sends it with us. Now I was starting to recognize God's hand. :) He didn't stop there. The next night we were at some members home doing some tutoring for their nieces and on the way out the door Brother. Garza says "Sisters, I have something for you" and hands us a candy bar. Brothers and Sisters. God is there. He listens. After Brother. Garza gave me the candy bar I just laughed. I finally caught on. God is so aware of us. And we now have PLENTY of chocolate in our apartment. Plenty. Chocolate Miracle.
Goal setting has not been one of my strengths on my mission. Usually I can just go out and work and things tend to get done. Well, let me tell you something. Goals are so important! This week we really focused on our daily goals and weekly goals and worked hand in hand with Father in Heaven to make them happen and we had the most amazing week. If anything, my testimony of goal setting and following up is strengthened! It was a great week! Thankful for these little principles I am learning on my mission that will forever help me in life and eternity.
We met with the non-member girlfriend of a less active guy last night. At the end she said the most beautiful prayer I have heard in a long time. We knelt down together, with her 4 and 7 year old daughters. Hellen is from Africa and so she began the prayer in her language and about halfway through she started praying in english. She said "please help me to know if what these sisters have said is true. God I just want to know if it is true. Please forgive me for being human. For my mistakes. My weaknesses." It was so sincere and real. She was talking TO God. It was beautiful. It was complete evidence that the Spirit had worked on her during our lesson and reminded her of the importance of obedience and righteousness. It was incredible to witness. I love this work. One of a kind. One of a kind.
Wasn't General Conference wonderful? Better than Christmas if you ask me. So much better. Want to know why? Because the joy from conference is eternal! Not just temporary. And that is the best! :) I hope you all enjoyed it as well. Many things stood out to me and many of the talks were so beautiful. This conference I did something new. Something I haven't done before. I wrote down about 6 questions that had been on my mind and as I listened to conference I had those questions on my mind. It was incredible to see that time and time again the Spirit taught me what I needed to know. To do the Father's will. Some highlights that stood out to me.
- We need courage and courtesy to defend the faith
- "What would Jesus do?" will not always bring a popular response
- Sometimes we have to stand alone. Hopefully as members we can stand together.
- If blessings were immediate, choosing the right wouldn't build faith
- Even if everyone else is doing it. Wrong is never right.
- Our words can take us from a hazardous situation to a fatal situation
- Firm in information. Soft in spirit.
- We finally have the DOCTRINE. The TEMPLES. And the TECHNOLOGY.
- Look through the eyes of faith beyond your current situation
- Endings are not our destiny. They are interruptions and temporary pauses.
- There are no true endings. Only everlasting beginnings.
- I would have never asked for this trial. But I would never give it away.
- Happiness is not an absence of a load
- You may forget your kinds words you say today. But the recipient may cherish them for a lifetime.
- Obedience is a choice between our own limited power and knowledge and God's everlasting and almighty power and knowledge
- When all else failed Joseph Smith knew he could turn to the scriptures
- We are more than human, we are children of God
- Accept everything the good Lord has asked you to pass through and hold no resentment
- Do we realize how close our Father in Heaven is willing to come and how far He will go to help us?
What motivates us? What motivates you? Why do you do what you do every single day? What motivates you to succeed? To reach your potential? Or what holds you back from reaching your potential? I have thought about these things a lot this past week. There were many things that I thought about. There are many reasons I came up with. When it all came down to it though it was about knowing who I am. Understanding my worth. I am a daughter of God. We are all His children. Sons and Daughters of a Heavenly Father. What an incredible thing. Incredible. I invite all of you to think about this. Who are you? What motivates you? Who will you become?
I love all of you so much. May God be with you and may the Savior walk with you this week in all you do.
With Love,
Sister Kunzler
No comments:
Post a Comment