It sure is a wonderful time of the year! This year has been very special for me to be able to be a missionary and really ponder on what the Savior means to me. Each Christmas Season we all end up at different stages of our lives. And I have felt in my life that each Christmas means something different for my relationship with the Savior. Each Christmas Season I grow closer to the Savior in a different way. In a way that is needed for me at that time. There is a special feeling and joy felt at Christmas and I know that is because of what this time of the year truly represents. The birth of our Savior. He was born in the most humble circumstances. In a manger, surrounded by farm animals and shepherds. How easy it would have been for Heavenly Father to place him in such a position that He was born into wealth and fame. How much easier that would have been for both the Savior and God to endure. But He was born to a carpenter. Would people have listened more if He has been born to a wealthy family? Probably. But he wasn't. Which I feel gives that much more validity to who He was and the power He held and the sacredness of who He was and what His calling was. People still followed him. Multitudes followed Him. And I know that is because He truly was the Son of God. Called to do a sacred work.
Christmas here has been filled with so much excitement and the missionaries sure are watched after. We had a wonderful Mission Christmas Conference all day yesterday. We did training in the morning with President Ashton and then got to watch a movie. I watched Ephraim's Rescue. An incredible movie. I recommend it to everybody! Then we did a talent show, ate tons and tons of food and got to open gifts sent by our dear sweet family! Tonight for Christmas Eve we will be at members homes and tomorrow we have been invited to many ward member's homes for breakfast, calling home and dinner! God sure watches our for us.
I continue to love my time here and continue to enjoy this sacred and special time of my life. It's the hardest thing I have ever loved to do! And I wouldn't rather be anywhere else. But here. Serving and representing.
Merry Christmas!
Sister Kunzler
No comments:
Post a Comment