Hello!
Our focus recently is the ward list. We have been going through all the names in the area that we do not know and visiting them. This is quite the fun process! You never know who is going to be behind the door. You never know what I going to happen. We had two incredible miracles this past week!
First off, we went to visit a sister who is on the ward list. Nobody knows who she is. We knocked on the door. We heard dogs barking. A few seconds later an older gentleman opened the door. He immediately recognized us and told us to come right in. His wife (who we were looking for) was in the living room setting up the Christmas tree. This sister has been a member since she was 16, she is now 57. She was active for many many years of her life, until her and her husband divorced and she re-married a non member and moved back here to Houston Texas. She said she has lived back in Texas for 15 years and not a single member of the church has ever been in her home. She said they have stopped by before, but she is never home. 15 years. Today is her day. The time is now. She said she has just been pondering about the church and knowing that she needed to start going back. She invited us to dinner this Wednesday and said "let's make it a weekly thing". When the time is right, the time is right. :) God is real.
Second. We plugged in the address of a brother on the ward list. As we drove down the road and approached the home, a memory came flooding back. I knew exactly whose home this was. We had visited him before. It has not been a good experience. It was a few months previous. He had been less than happy to see us and therefore was less than nice towards us. Needless to say, that day, a few months ago, it was the straw that broke the camel's back (my back) that day. I had returned to the car after our interaction with this brother, with my companion Sister Jewett, and bawled. I was sad for this brother. He had served a mission and now he was so lost and so angry. As we pulled in front of this home the other day, I was a little hesitant to try him again. As you can imagine. But Sister Tauasa and I decided to say a prayer. We prayed and asked God what His will was. We prayed to know what He would have us do. As we finished the prayer, I turned to Sister Tauasa and asked her what she felt. She said nothing. She didn't feel good, didn't feel bad. I had the same exact feeling. So we decided to try. As we knocked on the door, my heart was racing a little bit. He opened the door and we went on to tell him we were just "in the area and wanted to stop by and see if we could do anything for them". He was very short with us in his responses, but he wasn't rude this time. A few seconds later, his wife walked up and so we "small talked" with her a little bit. They were both very short in their answers, but they weren't rude this time. About a minute later, I saw an older lady and her husband enter the room. It was this brother's parents. They were in town for Thanksgiving. We small talked with them for a minute or so and then turned to this inactive brother and his wife and told them that if we could do anything at all, please let us know. As we said this, the mother in the background gave us a thumbs up. We returned to the car. Now the incredible part of this story, the miracle that came, was very personal for me. I have been pondering a lot lately on revelation and how the Holy Ghost speaks to me and works with me. During our prayer, before we went to knock on this brother's door, I had two "thoughts" come to my mind. The first thought was "this brother is somebody's son. There are parents out there who love him and care about him." The second thought was "maybe his family is in town for Thanksgiving and maybe they are members and will be nice". That was it. Right there. The only reason this brother was nice, was because his parents where there. And I think his parents needed to see the sister missionaries checking up on their son. The Holy Ghost is real. It speaks to us. Revelation is real. At the time of our prayer, I didn't recognize it. But it was after our visit, that I was able to recognize and see the power and influence of the Holy Ghost in my life.
These two experiences are the reason why I love this work so very much. It's profound to see the power of God being manifested in the work that we get to be a part of every day.
I love y'all!
Sister Kunzler
These two experiences are the reason why I love this work so very much. It's profound to see the power of God being manifested in the work that we get to be a part of every day.
I love y'all!
Sister Kunzler
No comments:
Post a Comment