Monday, November 25, 2013

Hello to Y'all! :)

Family and Friends! 
Last night we had a musical fireside at Matt and Maria Rees home.  (This couple is amazing, by the way!  Some of my best friends here.)  As I sat and listened to the music and looked around at all the people gathered together, the people that have become my family here in Texas, God sent me a gentle reminder, as He always does, that I am "the luckiest girl in the world".  This sentence has been on my mind ever since and I just cannot express to you how true this is.  I am the luckiest girl in the world.  With the Thanksgiving season upon us, it is natural to spend time reflecting upon your blessings, and there are so many blessings I have!  It never ceases to amaze me, as I stop and reflect, at how oh so good God is to each one of us.  He loves us.  He knows us by name.  I'm grateful this Thanksgiving season to be a representative of the Savior.  To follow the example of Jesus Christ and to do the will of my Father.  It is changing me.  It is saving me. 
Last Monday night we had a very unique opportunity.  We were blessed to meet every single anti-Mormon person here in Houston, Texas.  I've never been so grateful for an opportunity like that before.  As these people shared what they believed were the "truth".  My companion and I had the opportunity to testify of what we knew to be the truth.  The Spirit was phenomenal and what a growing opportunity for me, to "defend the faith".  As I reflected upon the experience later that night, I was "surprised" (not sure if that is the right word) at how strong my testimony really is.  Their "truths" didn't even begin to shake my faith.  No effect.  I KNOW this is the Savior's church restored once again in these latter days.  No doubt in my mind.  We were also blessed with another miracle this night.  As Sister Tauasa and I walked to the car, to head home for the evening, we saw a couple unloading groceries from their car.  We stopped and asked if we could help them carry the groceries in.  They said YES!  Yahoo!  We carried in their groceries with them and then they invited us to sit down with them.  Steven and Clara.  Clara told us "we were just talking a couple days ago about needing to find a church home".  God is real brothers and sisters.  He is so real.  :) We've taught them twice now and they are progressing like there is notomorrow.  They will be joining us for Thanksgiving dinner at our ward mission leaders home and I am so excited for them!  I love them! :)
You would think that I am writing my "final epistle" or something.  This is quite the letter!  I am just in LOVE with missionary life right now and want to share it with the whole world!  :)  So here I go again.  :)
We had stake conference this past weekend! As always, a great learning opportunity!  A place to receive guidance and wisdom and revelation!  :) President Hinson shared with us a vital purpose of our life here on earth.  Our purpose is to BECOME something.  Not to just "check the boxes".  I am a "list person" and love to "check the boxes".  I suppose we all have our strengths and weaknesses.  Ha.  I am striving to be better about becoming something through my experiences and not just "checking the boxes" at the end of the day or week or month or my mission.  :)  I pray for God's guidance in my life.  That I may become what He desires me to be and that I don't miss out on growing opportunities because I am too worried about "the list". 

I love y'all so much! 

Sister Kunzler

No comments:

Post a Comment