You know what is crazy insane!? Ready!? Of ALL the people on planet earth that I could know in my life, I know all of you. And all of you are INCREDIBLE people. Of all the fathers or mothers or brothers or sisters that I could have gotten, I got mine. And to me, they are the BEST! It's not just an accident. God plans this whole thing out from the beginning. He has a very specific plan. Through the good and the bad with anybody who is in your life, there is a reason. Seek after that reason, find the silver lining, find the joy. God sent you the people around you for a very specific reason. Don't miss out on an opportunity to help anybody around you progress or to be that light you need to be. This whole week I have been pondering much on the fact that we see so very little of EVERYTHING that goes on in the world. So little. And God sees it all. Look around you. Right now. Serious. See how much you can see right now? Not a whole lot, right? Truly. Think of the small percentage of area that you can see compared to the WHOLE WIDE WORLD! Serious. You can't really see a whole lot. At all. There are TONS of things going on around us in the world right this very second that we just don't see. But something, somewhere, or a lot of something's somewhere will/is someday or today going to affect us as individuals. But we only see what is around us. So very little. Truly this is why faith and trust in our Father in Heaven in so very important and essential to our progression in life. Because we see such a small part of the HUGE picture here.
We got to do another cooking class with Sister Daila Thomas this past week! So fun! And she is going to the temple on July 9th to take out her endowments! She has waited 3 years for this day and she has finally made it. So excited for her!
We went to district meeting this past week and as we pulled away to go to work we then had to pull over to make some phone calls we needed to make right away. So while I was leaving a message on the phone my companion (Sister Williams) out of nowhere all of the sudden lets out a scream! Now I have to tell you something about Sister Williams. She DOES NOT scream. In the 5 months we have served together, I haven't heard her scream hardly ever. But this day, in the middle of my message, she screams. So I finish leaving my voicemail and hang up and of course ask her what is wrong. She opens the car door and yells that there are ANTS in our car. I turn around and sure enough, there are ants in our car. I open my door and look down to see an ARMY (hundreds) of ants crawling on the crack where the door closes. Marching like an army. We of course both get out of the car, both doors are open and we are just shocked! Ants, everywhere. Everywhere. Don't ask how it happened. We have no clue. We get ant spray and long story short, we no longer have ants in our car! But can you believe that!? ANTS IN A CAR! Crazy. And the part that makes it even better is that Sister Williams has a fear of ants. Totally not kidding! So keeping her calm and solving the problem has been something to laugh about the whole rest of the week. Now that it is over, of course! :)
I went on an exchange this past weekend (changed companions for 24 hours)! Sister Newman and I had quite the adventure. We found out the morning of the exchange that a sister in their ward had passed away a couple days earlier. And her husband who is a non-member was working on cleaning out her stuff, as well as the daughters. So we of course offered to go and help. Now, Sister Newman knew how bad it was and she warned me, but nothing can warn a person for how terrible this situation was! It was out of this world disgusting and the grossest thing in the world. We got there. The home is very nice! A very nice neighborhood. Wealthy. It looks great on the outside. We say hello to the brother who just lost his wife and then introduce ourselves to his daughters who had come into town to help clean. She tells us to follow her in and she will show us what to do. We get to the front door and the lady puts her hand on the door handle and pauses. Turns around and says "have you been in my father's house before?" Sister Newman responds that she has been there, but I hadn't. She then asks "did you (Sister Newman) tell her (me) about it". Ha. Yep, she did. I kind of let out a chuckle and they both just looked at me and said "just wait". Sure enough. It was BAD! This lady had done dog rescuing and had gotten overloaded with dogs and had 15 dogs living in her house (by the time we got there animal control had come and taken the dogs already)! She had been way too old to keep up with all the dogs and so they had taken over and DESTROYED the home. There was dog poop ALL OVER THE FLOORS. Everywhere. The home smelled terrible. The carpets were basically like a sponge that had absorbed probably years and years of dog "waste" from 15 dogs. It was the nastiest thing I have seen in my entire life. Yuck. That doesn't even do this situation justice. In the end it really was just sad. And I was thankful we could help in such a small way to make it better, but WOW. It was insanity. Even writing about it now is causing flashbacks! Not good! Eek! Love this work! For real, I do. :)
We met with our investigator Donald last night! He has been doing great lately, but has faced a lot of family persecution and has struggled with knowing if he is ready for baptism! When we stopped by last night and were talking with us he told us HE IS READY! He wants to do it! HE IS READY! It was the greatest moment in the world! Those moments of joy are incredible. As Sister Williams and I reflected on his "journey" thus far we were talking about how even though it was a WONDERFUL moment, the moments that have been even better have been the journey moments. The time where he called us and said "Sisters, I am not Mormon material" and when he said he no longer wanted to meet with us and "waste our time". And he overcame those moments. Those doubts. Those fears. And now he is here. Ready to commit to the Savior. Follow his footsteps. Be a disciple of Jesus Christ! I love this man. I love this work. I love Texas. I love the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
I love all of you!
With Love,
Sister Kunzler
No comments:
Post a Comment