Easter sure was wonderful! I have
spent a lot of time this past week pondering on the Savior and how
incredible His mission truly was. How much it means to each of us. He
did what He did because He loves each of us. It's as simple as that.
It truly is. In 2 Nephi 19: 6 in The Book of Mormon we read "for unto
us a child is born, unto us a son is given; and the government shall be
upon his shoulder; and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counselor,
The Mighty God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace." Now do
not worry. I know that Easter is when we celebrate the resurrection of
the Savior, not the birth (as this scripture is referring to). Hahaha.
However, this scripture stood out to me this week because I think about
those titles and think about the times that the Savior has been my
"Counselor" and the times He has been my "Mighty God" and my "Prince of
Peace". It's a powerful thing to realize that He is all of those things
for each one of us as individuals. He did what He did for you. For
me. For every single person. Powerful.
Transfer Calls came this morning and I AM STAYING
HERE IN ALIEF WITH SISTER WILLIAMS! I truly am so very happy! As we
talked about it the past few days and speculated on what would happen
(which is not a smart idea because we really can't do anything about it
and we spend all this time wondering and in a matter of seconds the
phone call is over and our destiny for 6 weeks is determined. But we
still do it. Haha. Mission Life! LOVE it.) we really weren't sure we
would stay together! It's just fun and nice! We're friends. We're
sisters. And it is so NICE to have a companion that you love. :) But
missions are supposed to be "hard". That's how you learn and grow and
so we didn't think we would get another 6 weeks together! But we do!
Yahoo! And it is the best because it is God's plan. I love that.
Doing God's work and doing His will. The best!
I got to see the COUNTRY of Texas this week! My
whole mission I have served in the city part of Houston, Texas. I went
on a 24 hour exchange with one of my Sister Training Leaders this week
and she is serving in Bay City, Texas. Brothers and Sisters…. Bay City
is COUNTRY! It was so much fun! We saw cows and bugs and bugs and more
bugs and horses and fields and fields and fields of absolutely nothing!
I haven't seen that in a long time! It was a fun day! :) They live
in a member's pool house and they have a tennis court and so we also got
to play tennis for morning exercise! Now, that was fun! Neither of us
can play, but we played anyways! It was a blast! Beautiful
experience! :) And we went out and petted the cows before personal study
(we had a few spare minutes). So much fun!
We got to meet with the Youngblood Family this past
week! They are an investigating family we are teaching! They rock!
Really! We showed up about 10 minutes late for our lesson and they
weren't home. We walked down the stairs and around the corner and guess
who pulled up? You'll never guess! They did! Typical. That has been
our experience with them the whole time we've been teaching them. God
is so good! So very good. We had a nice little visit with them! And
after the lesson we were driving home and wondering how we could have
the members friendship them more and a miracle happened. Sister Moss
from the ward called us and said "I was thinking about the Youngblood's
on my drive home tonight and thought I could invite her to the Easter
Egg Hunt in the morning". Inspired much? Absolutely! I love members!
They are the best! They went and LOVED it. :) This work is the BEST
ever. Ever. Ever. Ever.
Luke 5:4-7 teaches a very powerful lesson. Simon
the apostle is fishing and they have fished all night and receive no
fish. The Savior comes and says unto Simon "launch out into the deep,
and let down your nets for a draught". Simon answers and says unto the
Savior "Master, we have toiled all the night, and have taken nothing".
Now how many of us feel like we have toiled all day and all night and
given it our all? We've done all that we can do and then we are asked
to do it again. Just like Simon. I love Simon's faithful response
though. He says "nevertheless AT THY WORD I will let down the net".
Obedience. No matter what. "And when they had this done, they
inclosed a great multitude of fishes: and their net brake." "And they
beckoned unto their partners, which were in the other ship, that they
should come and help them. And they came and filled both the ships, so
that they began to sink" I know that often times I have felt in my life
and on my mission that I have done all that I can. I have given it my
all. And seen no results. But it's when I get up and go out and do it
again. I show God my willing heart. And he sends forth the miracles
and the blessings. Beyond anything I can possible imagine. I know He
does this for all of us. Now it does require diligence. Dedication.
Sacrifice. But it's worth it. And when we do this we receive more
blessings that we can possibly imagine.
In The Book of Mormon in Jacob 4:3 we read about the
scriptures. It says "receive them with thankful hearts and look upon
them that [you] may learn with joy". I've asked myself this week if I
heed this counsel. Do I receive the scriptures with a thankful heart
and look upon them that I may learn with joy? Just a thinker for all of
you. :)
The work is Texas continues to stretch me. To bless
me. To build me. I love it here. I love serving my God. I love
representing my brother, Jesus Christ.
With Love,
Sister Kunzler
Serving In Texas
And LOVING It
No comments:
Post a Comment