To Those I Love!
We got the chance to help our investigators clean out their garage this past week. This poor garage has seen better days. Definitely seen better days! ;) As we were cleaning I lifted up a cardboard box that had been flattened and as I lifted it up a furry little creature known as a mouse jumped straight up out of the pile of trash and ran into the corner! It scarred all of us so much! We definitely let out a few screams followed by lots of laughs! :)
We moved this week! We used to live in an apartment in our area and we now live about 8 miles out of our area! Our new place is very nice! We love it! We feel like we are on a vacation at a resort getaway in Florida or something heavenly like that! It is wonderful and a big blessing! They moved us because they needed our apartment for some Elders and long story short we were the result of a move that had to happen! We don't mind at all though! We love the new place! Elder. Nilsen is a "senior" (I put this in quotes because nobody is a senior missionary here in Texas! We are all young! ;) Right...? Hahaha) missionary here in our mission and he is in charge of all the housing and phones. He is a wonderful man! I respect him so much and look up to him! He came over to Saturday and helped us move everything over to our new place and brought us orange juice and breakfast burritos. Truly a man that follows the example of the Savior in all that he does. We sure do love him and appreciate him!
Brother. Buchanan took me and my companion and the 6 elders that serve in our ward out to dinner this past week! He is a convert to the church and has a SOLID testimony! He was sharing with us many of his experiences since joining the church and said that if somebody had told him when he joined the church that he would take essentially 8 strangers out to dinner, he would have laughed and told them they were crazy! And guess what he just did this last week? He took 8 "strangers" out to dinner! It's amazing what the Gospel of Jesus Christ can do to our hearts. How it can soften us. It can help us to become like the Savior. To serve, to love, to lift. Powerful journey! Powerful example found in Brother. Buchanan.
We went to visit some investigators this past week and as we got out of our car and walked up to their apartment a lady up on their balcony said "hey, you are my old neighbors". We went up and found out that she is a friend of our investigators and had just moved out of our apartment complex. The old one. She said "you guys have a system, I've seen it". She said you always back one another up in the car and you always wait for one another when you exit the apartment. You won't just leave each other. She said it was very good safety and she was very impressed. It of course shocked Sister. Williams and I because we don't even know this lady. But she knew us. She recognized us. People watch us! It can be a little bit creepy (if you want the truth) but it is also a good reminder. To remember what we represent, who we represent and that people do take notice of us. They do see our actions. It was quite the experience! She was a very nice lady! She also told us "there's something different about you two also... you have a fire in your eyes". The Gospel is amazing. There is a special spirit and power that comes as we do what God commands. And people can tell. They notice! Amazing!
While running the other morning we saw an african lady learning against the trunk of her car, bawling. We went over and put our arms around her and asked her what was wrong. Honestly, I don't exactly know what was wrong. Her accent was very thick and she was telling us through tears and sobs. But I was thankful for the opportunity to comfort. To serve. To fulfill my baptism covenant in such a small and simple way. Mourn with those that mourn. Comfort those that stand in need of comfort. I'm thankful for opportunities we each have to fulfill our baptism covenant. Often in ways we don't recognize. God is good. So good.
We got a new insurance card for our car this past week and we were sitting in the car, switching the old one out for the new one and my companion said "now I just don't want to get them mixed up". I picked up the card I could see and said "is this the old one" and she said "yes, I am trying to find where I put the new one". As she said this I decided to rip up the "old one" and said "now we won't get them confused". And then all at once I said "are you sure this was the old one".... ha ha ha. Guess what? It wasn't the old one that I tore up. It was the new one. Ay yi yi! We had a good laugh about it... after a few minutes ... and then we got up the courage to tell Elder. Sanders (the one in charge of vehicles) and we were blessed as he said "no problem, I have a big stack of them"! PHEW! Crazy days. Funny memories! To last a lifetime! :) We still laugh about it. Every day! Two blondes as companions is just a formula for disaster. ;) Speaking of formula for disaster... we have a jar of pennies and dimes and nickels that has been in our old apartment for who knows how long and when we were moving we decided that we would take it with us. So we put it in the car. We were getting ready to go in for the night and I said "do we dare leave this jar of money in here? What is somebody takes it?" Sister. Williams chimes in and said "I don't want our car to get BROKED! I don't care if the jar gets stealed". It was hilarious! We both busted up laughing! By the time 9/9:30 pm rolls around and we are going in for the night, our brains turn a little bit crazy! And we say crazy things. And we laugh at things that really aren't that funny. But let me tell you something, this was hilarious! We laughed and laughed and laughed. And laughed some more! :) Good memories!
My "theme" this transfer is Faith, Not Fear and this past week this was put to the test. It's amazing how when you decided to work on something or decided you want to improve in a specific area, that God provides the way. He provides the opportunities. I had a lot of "opportunities" this past week to doubt and have fear and Sister. Williams in her wise words of wisdom reminded me one night of this principle. That we have to be tried and tested to improve. It was a big eye opener for me and I am thankful, as always, for a loving Father in Heaven who knows so much more than me. He knows just what I need. Faith, Not Fear.
I love all of you!
WIth Love,
Sister Kunzler
No comments:
Post a Comment