Monday, February 3, 2014

Alief! SNOW! Mad House! Look Alikes! :)

To All Y'all Out There! 

Hey Hey Hey!  Guess what!?  My life is so wonderful!  God is so very real and incredible!  The past year (my mission) has been one of the hardest things I have EVER done in my life.  Training for a year straight and only being with a trainer for 5 weeks and being in the same area for a year.  It all wears you down.  Very quickly.  The past three months were burn out for me.  But, God is real, God is so good and He does provide a path to recovery!  And guess what?  That path to recovery for this Sister. Kunzler is ALIEF SOUTH with Sister. Thompson and Sister. Williams!  Yahoo!  Sister Thompson has been in the area for 6 weeks now and Sister. Williams and I both just left our first area.  I had been in mine for a year and Sister Williams for 6 months.  Sister Thompson has been out about 8 months!  Yay for experience companions!  Transfers on Wednesday came with a million pounds of bricks being lifted off my shoulders to get assigned to this area with these companions!  God is so good!  I am pretty sure I am living a life as close to heaven as it gets!  So happy!  :) 

Where do I even begin!?  First of all!  It snowed!  Can you believe it!  We were at the Shong's house (In Hermann Park) for a farewell lunch.  Me and 2 of the elders in our district got transferred.  And as we were eating, it was raining outside and all of the sudden it started to SNOW outside!  Okay.  To be honest.  It lasted about 5 minutes and you had to look VERY closely to actually see the snow!  BUT!  BUT!  BUT!  It snowed!  It was fun!  And of course we went outside and "played" in it and took pictures!  

We named our car!  Every car must have a name, right?  So our car name is The Silver Bullet of Righteousness!  Do you love it?  We totally do!  And the day after we named it I had a meeting with all the Missionary Leadership and President. Ashton said the phrase "silver bullet"!  I don't remember why or what context he said it because I was so excited that he said it in the first place!  Our car name is inspired!  It has to be!  :) We call it The Bullet for short. 

We have this investigator!  Cynthia!  From Africa!  Yay!  There are Africans in Alief!  My life is complete!  So the first day we met Cynthia she gave all of us our "movie look alike's".  She gave me quite a few!  Hilarious!  The first one is the blonde chick off of Twilight!  Not sure her name... a year make you forget.  The other one is Legally Blonde main character and the other one is some lady off of Save The Last Dance!  We laughed and laughed and laughed.  Sister Thompson is Bella off of Twilight and Sister Williams... hahaha.  This one is the funny one.  The "old lady" off of Caroline.  We gave Cynthia a hard time for that one!  We had Sister. Williams back!  Companions stick together!  :) 

So... everybody here tells me, when they first meet me, that I look "just like someone they know".  I am not kidding you!  At least a dozen times the past week people have told me that!  I have gotten it before in my life, but never this much, all at once!  We just laugh every single time somebody says it!  :) 

We did a lesson the other night... it was amazing... fun and SUPER SPIRITUAL.  It was incredible!  Do you want to know why?  Drum roll.... drum roll... ba ba ba ba (is that the sound a drum roll makes?  Hmm.  I don't think so).  Anyways.  GUESS WHAT!?  We taught a lesson using finger puppets!  Yep!  No joke!  It was the best ever!  And it was super spiritual!  It was the Gaither's (member family) friend, Jeremy.  He asked some great questions and really opened up about his concerns and questions and then stayed up all night "thinking".  YAHOO!  :) So exciting! 

Saying goodbye to Hermann Park was bittersweet!  I was ready to go.  After all, I was there a year.  It's a long time!  But the people I will miss, but I will FOREVER love them!  :) 

We did some service for the Houston Food Bank, the day before transfers, in HP, and it was crazy!  I was almost in tears as I watched these people, who truly have nothing at all, so hungry and needing food so badly.  It was a blessing to be a part of it and help, but it's sad to think there are SO MANY people out there, who don't have food. 

The morning of transfers (transfers were at 1 pm) we got a call from Sister Workinger and Sister Savage who are the missionaries in the Braes Bayou Singles Ward.  They found out that morning that they were getting transferred!  So we went over to help them!  It was a total mad house!  We had 4 elders and 4 sisters there helping pack and clean and haul stuff to the garbage (they were closing the apartment out).  It was a MAD HOUSE!  I can't even explain it.  Super crazy!  Fun memory though! 

Church in Alief Ward yesterday was so unique and different and exciting and hilarious and just plain fun!  It is filled with so much diversity and unique people and personalities and I could not love it more! The Bishop is the best, the members make you feel right at home and people are so REAL here!  I love it so much! 

We went to try a potential the other night and found him outside working on his car.  We talked to him for a while and then asked if there was anybody else we could visit.  He sent us to visit his son Brandon and his girlfriend Ashley.  We walked up to their apartment door to find it open.  They were both sitting inside the door with their little girl.  The second they saw us Brandon pointed right at me and said "I know you, we have met before"!  After a minute of talking we put it together that we had met a year ago!  In my old area!  We were at the medical center visiting someone and he and Ashley were there with their baby, at the doctor.  We were walking up to our car in the parking lot and Brandon was in the little grassy area by the parking lot.  We talked with him for a little bit.  Ashley was in the car in the parking lot!  It was CRAZY!  We met again.  A year later!  In Alief!  Who would have EVER guessed that!  It was awesome!  :) Miracles!  We are going back to teach them this week!  God is good!  So very good!  And this is right where I need to be! 

One of the HUGE blessings and opportunities of being a Senior Sister Training Leader is that I get to study with President. Ashton every Monday for an hour!  Just President and the 3 of us SSTL's!  This morning was the first time and I LOVED it!  Such an incredible experience!  I just know I am going to learn so much from him!  So much! 

Loving life!  More than words can explain! 

I love y'all!  More than words can explain.  



                                                             So much from one year! :) 


;) 

Sister Kunzler

No comments:

Post a Comment